Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year



Happy New Year 2015

2014 was full of many challenges, triumphs, and heartbreak. I hit lows I had never hit and highs I wish I could hit more often. The things that make me who I am are not always easy to deal with and I realize the ones that keep me the most grounded are the ones I tend to push away the most. I am making a lot of personal changes, which I hinted to in recent months and with social media not being the forefront of interaction anymore I will be scaling back on it. I announced many moons ago that I have bi-polar and my book A FIREFIGHTER’S FLAME encompasses a lot of the struggles I have already faced and really the struggle I face and my loved ones face every day. I never know how I am going to wake up in the morning, whether I am going to have a good day or a bad day (mentally and emotionally speaking). Being in a business such as the author life (theatre life back in my younger years) makes my already challenging mental state even more volatile, so I have to always be attentive to how I take things and I react to situations, which is why you NEVER see negative posts from me because, trust me, my rants would not be pretty (LOL). Before every post or even before any words I speak I have to really assess to make sure I am being heard in the way I want to be. It’s exhausting, especially now that I am publishing, but it’s manageable and I really love writing.

WRITING is just a way of life for me. It always has been. I only recently brought it public in late 2013. I have met amazing people in the process and, like in the real world, some not so amazing people, but tis life. I just brush it off. While there are a few I’ve lost that make me reflect on why, I can’t change it or how they feel about me so I don’t ponder it much. It’s funny because so many people advise on building relationships with other authors, but I think that can also backfire with professional lines crossing into personal and feelings being hurt. The relationships I build with authors are strictly personal at this point. If you’re an author and I chat with you it’s because I genuinely like you and want that personal friendship. The professional relationships were too tricky for me to balance and my sensitive nature and mental imbalance couldn’t manage the stress from it, so I put less focus on those and while I know that’s stupid from a business stand point, I just couldn’t do it anymore. That was my first big change.

PUBLISHING is just a natural state of being for my finished works now, no longer hidden in my notebooks (or on my computer). However, I stopped putting deadlines on myself which is why I may not announce release dates until right before. It also means that I will always be writing but I won’t commit to a numbers game for the year as far as how many books I will publish. “I write what my heart sings” has always been my personal motto so what I release next will be a surprise to me too. I won’t force anything nor feel pressure to release another book in a series if it’s not singing to me. That’s the professional in me and really, the artist too. My work has to be natural and organic and I think that’s why those who love my books will always be thankful. I am an unconventional writer with fresh twists on story lines and a unique writing style. I don’t think I will ever hit the big time because my work is pretty non-commercial and not the same recycled stuff that loyal readers find comforting, but I think I have finally made peace with that. These are for me more than anything and while I’d love to contribute monetarily to my family I don’t have to with my writing. I have other avenues for that. I know there’s a market for my work and whether it's small or large I will continue to hold true to my unconventional roots.

STAYING IN TOUCH with me will be more through my blog posts and newsletters. I get silly on Instagram, but the other media sites have become a little too much for me and with no interaction I feel like I’m talking to the internet airwaves anyway. I will ALWAYS send out newsletters with big announcements, sales, etc. and NEVER abuse it for superfluous promotion. I only send out about one a month, so it’s never overwhelming. My blog posts are created in the moment, so they aren’t on a regular cycle, but they will be filled with heartfelt messages like this or sales, release, etc.

THANK YOU for taking a ride with me through my dreams and I hope I continue to live up to your expectations as not only an author, but as a good and positive person who values your friendship and support.

MY NEWEST RELEASE is Forgotten Treasures: A Second Chance new adult stand-alone romance novel that promises to take you on a tragically beautiful journey. I have two other companion novels planned with this novel, but no promises and no hints on what although you may be able to figure it out. You can follow the link below to read more about it and add it to your TBR. My newsletter links are below, as well.

xo Dani xo

P.S. My website is almost done with its renovation.

D. Hart Adult Books NEWSLETTER: http://eepurl.com/75FUP
Dani Hart Youth Books NEWSLETTER: http://eepurl.com/Rt_l9

No comments:

Post a Comment